Sunday, April 1, 2012

How to piss off a buyer

When I purchased, the promo going was for, effectively, a $6,000 rebate.  Now keep that figure in mind when we go through the next figures.  That promotion ended at the end of February.  To the best of my knowledge they didn't have a promo running in March.

The first home owners grant (FHOG) currently sits at $7,000, and the first home owners boost (FHOB) at $13,000.

So imagine my surprise today when I happened to be looking at a builders website and saw a new promo offer for the Highlands area - 'Stockland triples the First Home Owners Boost'.  That means the effective grant and promo you're getting is $46,000!

I'm not sure I could feel more robbed at that.  It effectively means that because I'm already in to a contract, even though it's not settled, I lose out on $20k to go towards a home.
Talk about ouch! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment