Monday, November 26, 2012

Gutters, Fascia and Roof

Now that the frame is claimed as completed, it's time to do everything that brings the house to lock-up stage.
First up - fascia and gutters.

Because of the tradie's ute being parked out front I couldn't get a clear photo from my usual spot - doh :(
That was Saturday.  I dropped by tonight (Monday), and even more progress - we now have a roof!  In fact most of the tiles are done - there's probably a few to go but for the most part they won't have much left.  Hebel should be delivered mid-week and ready to start being installed late or early next week, so then we'll have walls!




Also, while checking out progress on Saturday, I ran in to some new neighbours - the one on the corner adjacent to my garage.  Land there hasn't titled yet, and they'll start building mid January.

One thing I discovered from talking to them was that fencing along the footpath/public space isn't the same as between properties - it requires a much higher standard, and to go with that a much higher cost.  All these little things they don't tell you when you select a lot :/

5 comments:

  1. What do you know? It's a perfect day for a roof job, Tjsr! :) Good choice of color, by the way. Grey symbolizes formality and it coordinates well with other colors. May I ask what type of roof is that? Judging by the pictures, I assume, it's either metal or cedar.

    Rodney Orton

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just a plain-old category 1 tile roof, nothing special at all. They actually didn't even discuss with us, or give me the option of anything like colorbond, or go though in any way what might be available as upgrades in the style or colour of tile. Rather disappointed as if I had to do it again, I would have put a colorbond roof on the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How’s the house now? The roof looks great! And it’s amazing that they did all of those in just three days! It’s just a bit of a letdown that they didn’t let you choose the color of your roof. I think the owner should always have a say in that matter.


    @Brook Daily

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ve seen the latest photos of your home, and it looks great! The dark color of your roof tiles complemented your home’s façade well. Anyway, just want to add this tip for you and for your readers’ benefit: When installing gutters, make sure you install it with a gutter guard. This is to keep debris from clogging the gutters and downspouts. This is important if you will plant trees around your home.
    ***Lida Swisher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait til it's coloured ;D
    I haven't posted photos of the render after its been coloured yet - they've only done the three sides and not the front at this time.

    ReplyDelete