Saturday, February 2, 2013

Tiles are in, but boy is there a big screwup

Thursday nights have been the time I've been dropping by over the last few weeks, since I can do it without having to make extra trips - this Thursday meant visiting whileit was absolutely bucketing down with rain though.
Just a few hours earlier I'd had an update from the site supervisor as well, which informed me of details something like this:

  • Tiling has been completed throughout the house.
  • Plumber will be in next week to do all the fit-off of taps etc.
  • Hebel guys will be inspecting the house on Friday, and Metricon are waiting for a report back from them.
  • The back wall that's been cut out (which was because of the frame being out of plumb) will be repaired early next week, after which they'll get the painters back in.
  • Flooring will be done late next week and/or early the week after, which includes both the timber-look laminate and carpet.


Tiles don't look to bad - they're basic though, and we didn't really have a lot of choice in colours for tiles.  There was one very, very obvious screwup though.  Remember how I said I'd paid for a glass splashback, which was basically what's going to liven up the room?  Well, imagine my shock when I saw this:

Basically straight away I sent off a query, basically saying "I didn't know they put glass over top of the tiles..." ;)
As expected, they gave me the option of leaving it with a credit, or fixing it.  A glass splashback isn't just a look and feel thing, it's also easier to clean and much better on the fire safety side - so it's definitely getting fixed.

Some other shots of the tiles having been completed:




Oh, and now we have some shelving in the pantry!

Very difficult to get a photo that shows the width though, since there's a doorway there and all.


1 comment:

  1. It’s good that they offered an alternative right on the onset, rather than trying to wriggle out of it or into a shady compromise. It’s too bad about the lack of choices on the tiles, but you can work around that when the furniture comes in, or if you plan to put some carpeting in place.

    Arthur
    Contractor Express

    ReplyDelete